Harvard University designed a course in happiness, thousands attended it and they claimed they have managed to change their mood.
Here are some tips to follow from this course, so you also learn simple techniques and very effective to make you happy, I assure you 2011 will have a positive and full of blessings.
- TIP 1 - Practice some exercise (walking, going to the gym, yoga, swimming, etc.) Experts say that exercise is as good as an antidepressant to improve mood, 30 minutes of exercise is the best antidote to sadness and stress.
- TIP 2 - Have Breakfast: Some people skip breakfast because they do not have time or do not want to get fat. Studies show that breakfast helps you improve your energy, way thinking and successfully perform your daily activities.
- TIP 3 - Give thanks for your life and all the good that it has done to you: Write down 10 things in your life that give you happiness. When we make a gratitude list we are obliged to focus on good things.
- TIP 4 - Be assertive: Ask for what you want and say what you think. It has been shown to be assertive helps improve your self-esteem. Being left in silence and endure everything you say and do, creates sadness and hopelessness.
- TIP 5 - Spend your money EXPERIENCES not things!: A study found that 75% of people felt happier when they invested their money on travel, courses and classes, while only 34% said he was happiest when buying things.
- TIP 6 - Face your challenges: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today. Studies show that the most neglected something you know you have to do, generate more anxiety and tension. Write small weekly lists of tasks to perform and keep them.
- TIP 7 - Paste beautiful memories, quotes and photos of your loved ones everywhere. Fill your refrigerator, your computer, your desk, your room. YOUR LIFE beautiful memories.
- TIP 8 - Always greet and be kind to others: More than a hundred researchers say just smile changes the mood.
- TIP 9 - Use comfortable shoes that fit you: If your feet hurt you get angry, says Dr. Keinth Wapner, chairman of the American Orthopaedic Association.
- TIP 10 - Watch your posture: Walking upright with shoulders back slightly and looked up at the front helps maintain a good mood.
- TIP 11 - Listen to music: It is proven that music arouses you like singing and dancing, this is going to brighten your life.
- TIP 12 - What you eat has a major impact on your mood. a) Eat a light snack every 3-4 hours keeps blood glucose levels stable, do not skip meals. b) Avoid too much white flour and sugar. c) EAT Everything! d) Vary your food
- TIP 13 - Feel Pretty 41% of people say they are happier when they think they look good! Dress up and wear pretty clothes!